Business Succession Planning
Oaktree Advisors can help you put succession planning at the top of your to-do list. More importantly, we can help you cross it off. As a family owned small business, we understand the challenges you face, along with the unique intersection of family and business that ownership brings.
When you consider that only 30% of businesses successfully transfer from the first to the second generation, and less than 10% to the third, it’s essential to have a plan in place. You need to be proactive in planning your succession. Being reactive—or having no plan at all—will only hurt the ones you love.
Our team of professionals are qualified and experienced in handling the emotional, financial and relationship aspects of life transitions and wealth transfer. We develop an understanding of your business and family landscape to provide a comprehensive succession plan that gives you peace of mind and protects the people you love.
Qualified Retirement Plans
At Oaktree Advisors, we believe that your qualified retirement plan should be as unique as your business. That’s why we customize a solution that is built around the needs of your business.
Many owners and partners are looking for larger tax deductions and accelerated retirement savings. We can help you develop a comprehensive, flexible plan to meet your goals—and those of your employees, such as:
- Profit Sharing
- Defined Benefit
- Cash Balance
Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans
As an owner, you recognize that your most valuable business assets walk out the door every night. Retaining your best people is a crucial component of your business’s long-term success.
Oaktree Advisors can help you attract, reward and retain top talent with incentive packages designed to accumulate wealth through tax-deferred savings. We can analyze your needs, goals and objectives to create the executive reward and retention strategy that is right for you.
Sound advice can be invaluable to you, your family and your company’s future. At Oaktree Advisors, we ask the tough questions that are often overlooked or avoided. So ask yourself: Has my financial advisor talked with me about these issues?
- If you were to die or become permanently disabled tomorrow, what would happen to your business?
- What plans do you have in place to make sure your business, its future and its value will effectively transition to your family?
- Do you have a strong management team in place right now that can continue running the business?
- Who is your next business partner? (Warning: It could your current partner’s ex-spouse and his or her heirs.)
- Why is the Federal Government a partner in your family’s success?
- What planning have you established to secure the core principle of making sure that your family stays together?
- With all the challenges we face—spiraling educational costs, potential inflation, anticipated tax hikes, healthcare expenses and living too long—what safety net have you established for your children and grandchildren?
- Did you know that the federal estate tax is voluntary?
- Which of your assets are currently held within your tax-exempt estate?
These are the questions that Oaktree can help you answer.